Dear Watcher, just how much is it that you see...
[Read more for Lurien headcanons!]
Hello there are going to be Dubious Bug Facts here
Lurien the Watcher
Since it's never stated what sort of bug he is, I like to imagine what he would be like if he were a sort of wasp! I was inspired by the Blue Mud Dauber Wasp! Because they are pretty, and very blue and metallic, which I think suits him quite well! Man of iridescence of sorts...
- From the 2nd or 3rd clutch from his parent? Born in Deepnest/Hallownest.
- His parent had originally sought shelter within one of the abandoned Weaver nests up on the surface (after the Weavers had moved to Deepnest), and had lived there for some time, raising their first few clutches here.
- After... dire circumstances—Godly Surface Shenanigans*—rendering that area of the surface inhospitable, they had decided to take example of the Weavers and head to this 'Deepnest' for shelter, which then in turn resulted in them finding 'Hallownest' alongside that.
- So they had, while gestating, fled to Hallownest, and had lived at first in avoidance of the Kingdom, raising Grub Lurien with whatever spiderlings they could hunt. (I like to think that they loved him lots, whether it be due to the fact he's the only egg to have survived this time, perhaps just because he's him, or perhaps he's the last they will care for.)
- Due to scarcer access to flower nectar—as the adults almost exclusively eat nectar, while the larvae eat spiders!—from their spot in Deepnest, his parent eventually grew to be kind of sickly spending all their time and energy in hunting for Lurien and raising him. They were adamant in feeding Lurien the spiders instead of themself, as he was just a leetle grub.
- Not only that, but they were also already on the older side, having had clutches of kids kinda grow up and leave. It's easy to say that they hadn't lived too long in Deepnest, at least, just a little ways after Lurien emerged from his little mud nest as a fully grown wasp, only to see his parent very sickly, and eventually dying in his presence.
(I'm still thinking on how that may influence him, whether he still has a more distant instinct of, "Oh. Well, they helped me live, and I appreciate that" or if it's a genuinely "Oh no! [traumatized]"
*I do have some specifications of said Surface God Shenanigans, but that would involve me talking a bit about Cerys(hk oc)/the Land of Dew and Silver(their homeland) and its relation to everything else lmaoo
- Survived some time in Deepnest via hunting and chilling in his nest, but being a very young adult wanting something more, something better + his instinctual desire for nectar, which is Very Much Not Here, he eventually decided to head to Hallownest, and officially immigrating.
- I do think he did draw the interest of the Pale King initially, but being someone not yet settled into the ways of Hallownest, I imagine perhaps the Pale King took note of him, especially his mutation, before continuing on with more urgent matters of that time? Who knows! But imagine his reaction, when sending a missive to the Pale King asking for his presence or the ability to serve as the Watcher and him going "Ah, yes, Lurien. I very much remember you." or smth like that.
- But that's later. So he went through schooling gradually, while doing various other odd jobs, before eventually finishing and pursuing that of the role of the Watcher! I imagine he didn't completely understand his mutation growing up, so getting that education in the ways of SOUL, as well as better understanding his visions and of that sort was really encouraging and comforting for him!
- I imagined he lived his normal, mortal lifespan/stopped aging around middle-age, before becoming Vaguely Long-Lived due to his close relationship to the Pale King.
- I also like to headcanon that while he was in school, he would kill two uh, vengeflies with one stone by working in the closest gardens for free nectar and also geo... :)
- I. am really just making Lurien a jack of all trades, huh. Hunter at some point, gardener, scholar, and then the Watcher? Sir... (Granted, the first two are kind of inherent to his species, but it's still kind of funny!)
- Lived in Hallownest at first with a sort of discomforted alienation, either due to mutation or just the physical difference between him and the other citizens of Hallownest, but it was soothed a little by the fact his particular species tends to be solitary.
- Quiet and calm in personality, but is actually quite the nervous sorts. Nervous in imposing on others, especially those whose opinions he values. A very passive person though, it takes a lot to aggravate him and/or cause him to lash out, if at all.
- Not cold or unfriendly though, I imagine? Introverted for sure, but because socializing takes up so much energy. Small talk is okay, and he probably relished it for a very long time before actually forming Deeper relationships, and finding a preference in more indepth conversations.
- Being naturally solitary can only go so far though; he's never tested his limits consciously, so he doesn't realize he's far surpassed it by the time he forms bonds between the Pale King, his butler, the Dreamers, and more. Touchstarved...
- Very much enjoys being in the background/observing, hence his affinity for casting not only a neutral eye over things when need be, but also a very... hm,, warm one? Inspired, and loving in the way the world can be so wondrous?
- In particular with his art, I like to think he favours trying to capture certain melancholia that the world can bring—to be aware of all its tragedies and how cruel it can be, yet also being reminded of just how wonderful it is too, how beautiful.
- Just a cozy dude... man wants to be in a nook! He went from living in little tunnels in the earth to living in a tall, solitary spire, and honestly he's living his best life!
- Enjoyer of water and rain, but I imagine he actually has some sensory issues regarding mud? Despite it being in the name of the species, it just feels... like it makes sense.
- Whether it be due to hypersensitivity due to SOUL mutation, or simply due to inherent preferences. So even if he does ever get the impulse to craft a nest, it would most likely come from instinct of caring for a child of sorts.
- (In technicality, it never truly started raining until after the collapse of Hallownest—hence Lemm mentioning the unfortunate circumstance of spider silk melting—but I do like to think it would rain, even if on occasion rather than the constant downpour post-Hallownest.)
- It's generally unknown what sort of bug he is, much less a wasp, became more mysterious the longer lived he became haha!
- though he is taller in comparison to the usual height of the Capital's denizens, it doesn't clear things up still. Covers his entire body because comfy, cozy, and also he will Not be perceived without permission.
- And due to his prior experience with navigating Deepnest, he was also favoured by the Pale King in helping manage negotiations and communications with them. (Because he lived there for some time for survival, I do wonder if he ever tried to speak/communicate with any Weavers of sorts.)
- I imagine in the beginning of their friendship, there were less reservations of having Lurien even visit Deepnest, but as time went on and they become closer, PK became more anxious and would prefer he Not, unless he takes guards with him, despite knowing Lurien could very well handle himself.
(Deepnest has plenty of tunnels, deep and dark and narrow and somewhat damp, something very akin to a Wyrm, and I think perhaps that similarity would cause the Pale King to feel more uptight regarding visitations to certain areas. It won't be the Pale King's territories or tunnels, they belong to someone else, he is not there to ensure Lurien's safety.)
- Prefers spells for combat, though if pressed, or needs to, he's quite capable of defending himself. I don't think he would use his stinger (trans momence :)!! yes!), and would prefer projectiles over all else.
Because he was a passive hunter/eats mainly nectar in the first place as an adult, he very willingly and very much settles into a softer life as a citizen of Hallownest. Man has centuries to live softly, his earliest years of living in Deepnest, while not forgotten, are not his norm.
- I also think that passive hunter aspect would cause him to be Even More Okay with staying still or in one spot for ludicrous amounts of time, to the point of it being unhealthy for him and not realizing. He has to be wrangled sometimes, he gets so focused.
2 notes · View notes
Why People Love to Hate where to buy cbd gummies near me
An Unbiased View of Delta 8 Thc Feeling
As marijuana progresses an increasing number of through the lawful system, even more daily Americans learn concerning what the plant has to use. You might know with CBD, for instance, and even the healthy advantages that hemp seeds have. You may have also come across delta-8 THC prior to, though it's not as understood in America as a lot of the rest of the globe.
The experiences someone might have with delta 8 may be different from your own, so do follow with some caution if you do occur http://edition.cnn.com/search/?text=delta 8 research to be a novice individual. distillate gummies. By "new user", nonetheless, we do indicate a new individual of marijuana in general - delta 8 cbd gummies. If you have actually had experience with delta-9 THC in the previous or any kind of cannabis product, then you likely know a minimum of a little regarding what to anticipate.
One simple word to explain it, next to intense mellow - delta cbd. Delta 8 users locate the high to be unbelievably relaxing, placing them in a tranquil state - delta 8 edibles. They find themselves still clear-headed, able to tackle jobs as well as set about their day typically. A feeling of contentment as well as chill relaxation cleans over them.
It enhances your state of mind, puts you in that satisfied location, and also it appears to assist with certain kinds of pain. While it doesn't help everyone, some customers are surprised by how successfully it eases their signs and symptoms. Triggers a floaty sensation like you're weightless Engages energy levels and aids you concentrate Makes the customer feel mellow and also chill, but still clearheaded Promotes appetite so assists the desire to consume Stimulates extreme leisure These are the general experiences people report having, so you may really feel more or much less than this - delta 8 thc gummies.
The Facts About Distillate Gummies Uncovered
That shows up to go away totally with delta 8 (delta 8 gummies). The biggest difference users locate is a delta 9 high may make an individual feel out of control, while delta 8 helps them feel like they're still in control.
It's so irritating, the federal government will certainly spend $15 million to fund research right into the performance of golf devices precede, yet will not spend a dime, and in reality limit, research into the potential health benefits of marijuana. Marijuana study in the USA is, as well as always has been, limited to proving the dangers of marijuana, not the medical benefits.
So when it pertains to using marijuana as medicine, much of the evidence we have is unscientific - where to buy cbd gummies near me. Ask around and also you'll hear lots of stories of cancer patients using cannabis as an antiemetic and anti-nausea medication, or of others utilizing it for its anti-inflammatory residential properties, however a casual search right into scientific research on the topic will certainly reveal how significantly limited it has actually been.
Allow's take an appearance at the tested and also possible benefits of delta-8 THC as well as what it can do for you as an individual. It has long been assumed that marijuana might play an energetic duty in battling cancer, as well as there are researches as far back as the 1970s that support this theory.
Delta 8 Cbd Gummies Things To Know Before You Buy
Researchers likewise discovered that survival time went up when mice with cancer cells were treated with delta-8 THC. Any more research right into the subject was limited in the decades complying with that 1974 research study due to cannabis' legal standing in the UNITED STATE, yet there is still plenty of factor to believe that delta-8 might be a tool in the battle versus cancer cells.
What they found was that it substantially treated the nausea of the individuals, with a 100% success price over 480 therapies and also with negligible side-effects (including psychoactive impacts). The UNITED STATE federal government likewise has a patent on the antiemetic uses delta-8, furthering the concept that delta-8 can assist reduce queasiness and vomiting in cancer clients.
Delta-8 has actually likewise been revealed to have appetite stimulating residential properties (which most likely won't shock anyone that's used marijuana in the past, recreationally or medically). Researchers located during a 2004 research by Avraham et al (delta cbd). that rodents treated with low dosages of delta-8 THC had hungers that were promoted greater than those treated with delta-9 THC, which is the cannabinoid cannabis is most understood for (delta 8 gummies review).
As we pointed out above, research has actually shown that delta-8 has less psychoactive potency than its analogue delta-9 - delta 8 edibles. Researchers have approximated the strength to be about two-thirds of the strength of delta-9-THC. The "high" from delta-8 has actually been described as even more clear-headed when compared to delta-9-THC, as well as people that have used it frequently note less of an influence on concentration and stress and anxiety, though it still retains its medical residential properties.
The Greatest Guide To Delta 8 Edibles
Unsurprisingly, delta-8 might also be a prospective treatment for pain as well as swelling - delta 8 gummies review. "the advantageous results of CB1R activation in pet designs include reduction of transient reduced esophageal sphincter relaxations, enhanced compliance of the proximal tummy, lowered acid secretion, reduction of GI transportation, reduced digestive tract fluid secretion in action to secretogogues and also reduced large digestive tract propulsive task are all aspects that might be advantageous in functional bowel conditions such as IBS.
We won't understand whether delta-8 can aid deal with opioid dependency up until even more study is done on the topic, but so far, the overview is appealing. Delta 8 THC simply could be everything that CBD wants it was and every little thing that excellent ol' Medical Cannabis and Delta 9 THC wishes it wasn't (delta 8 gummies).
The only established means to confirm a compound's safety account is with scientific and randomized controlled trials. At the time of creating, reported a solitary THC-8 medical trial, and also there were no RCTs on Bar, Medication. It's worth keeping in mind that Pub, Medication reported the scientific trial ended before completion in 2009. delta cbd.
Right here is what research says: Advantages of Making Use Of Delta 8 Gummies for Wellness 1. It Can Eliminate Cancer Cells Cells Taking Delta-8 edibles might enhance your chances of battling cancer.
About Delta Cbd
None has actually been validated on human beings yet, yet there is a great deal of research on that location. delta 8 thc feeling. One research in 1974 accidentally uncovered that Delta-8 specifically inhibits the growth of cancer cells. It was unintended because the study was readied to establish how unsafe cannabis could be to the immune system.
Delta 8 Gummies
Israeli researchers evaluated the impacts of Delta-8 on youngsters with cancer to help them handle the impacts of chemotherapy. They located that Delta-8 completely stopped nausea or vomiting connected with chemotherapy. Even a lot more, it had minimal adverse effects. And also it obtains also extra intriguing. Do you recognize that the UNITED STATE federal government has a patent on Delta-8 for its antiemetic homes? So, if you are taking a trip and you feel sick, just obtain a pack of Delta-8 gummies, and also you'll be great (delta 8 edibles).