C H 1 2 — S C E N E 1
I shoulder my duffle bag and head to the café, which is silent and blue in the dawn, broken only by the stirring of newspapers. Cold oats and coffee. A message from Mom, who gets up at seven in the morning to let our dog into the garden, him running joyfully among the seagulls fishing in ebb-tide sands for clams, beating the sky in a furious burst of wings—‘best of luck, love, we’re all so excited to see you!’ and a minute later, ‘send my wishes to your partner, too. I’m picking hydrangea’. I picture the flowers in front of our house: pale blue, dripping from the morning rain. He will love them.
3 notes · View notes
I’m kinda new to football was watching the Real Madrid rayo match and at the end misa took off her gloves and had almost all her fingers and wrist taped is that normal , What it is for? Sandra had it but just on some fingers not almost the whole hand
it is normal!
think of how athletes tape their knees or wear a wrist brace, it's the same thing for goalkeepers! they all have their own rituals of taping their hands but it's all just to protect their fingers from damage 🤗
What's your favorite whatever team Angela Sosa plays for pictures?
What's your favorite Sosa pictures, is what I'm asking. 😈
skdjdjfjd i was lit AF by the time you sent this i went looking for pictures and fell asleep halfway 🤣
this is what i managed to get for you 🤪
1 note · View note
but lieke is so pretty tho how can u not pay attention to her
they're all pretty amigo
I'm just not a fan of dutch flavored kool aid 🤪
i like her friendship with meppi tho! super cute 🥰
1 note · View note
Do you know how I know when my gf is drunk? It’s when she starts telling people her max deadlift 🙄 like yes babe that’s very impressive. Now let’s go home and get you hydrated so you won’t have any hangovers.
-nut in me anon 🥜 she’s very proud of her max deadlift lol
love is so real 🥰
5 notes · View notes
Carla ni siquiera está hoy en el banco ... ¿está lesionada? (Sevilla)
sí, lo ha ví ayer que ella no estaría en el equipo. espero que no es un lesión....ella no merece esos problemas también 😰
one fear 🥲
I remember in a post you once mentioned that Jehan Prouvaire and Bahorel are based on Victor Hugo's fellow Romantic friends. I think you said it was Nerval that he based Prouvaire on, and I have to ask...for Bahorel, is he based on Gautier? His fighting at La Bataille d'Hernani and his red doublet can't help but remind me of him, but I could be completely wrong.
Thank you for the ask, Nonny!
Bahorel is pretty openly a nod to Petrus Borel (the name itself is a bit more of an obvious nod in French pronunciation than in English); like Gerard, he was one of the big organizers in the Hernani showdown--and also like Gerard, died in the 1850s.
Like Bahorel, Borel was a peasant’s son, and had a reputation for being extremely down to fight; politically, Gautier called him “the only true republican among us”. As Philothee O’Neddy would point out, that was an exaggeration--but O’Neddy called Borel the Montagnard to his own more moderate “Girondin” republicanism, so the “extremely republican” association is still there. And the scarlet waistcoats are very much there too; he was painted in one ( for a gallery showing; only the account of the painting seems to survive) and , apparently, arrested for wearing one(...he was arrested a lot, though...) and generally wore a lot of very openly political Fashion Statements.
Unlike his fictionalized counterpart, Borel was never a law student (he was practically everything else at some point!); but very much like his fictional counterpart, he hated lawyers so much XD
(As for Gautier, he was avowedly apolitical; of his famous doublet, he said “In order to avoid wearing the infamous red of ‘93, I had admitted the slightest admixture of purple in the dye, for I was very desirous not to be suspected of any political intention. I was not an admirer of Saint-Just and Robespierre, as were some of my comrades...” (It’s worth noting here that being ‘political’ at the time had a somewhat narrower meaning,and Gautier did a lot that would be considered political activism now, but at the time and in his own context, everyone including himself saw him as apolitical.) If it weren’t for his noted in faith in art and Romanticism itself, it would be easier to link his general social/political outlook to Grantaire than anything, if that didn’t almost feel like slander against his personality :P Hugo writing him into a red-hot revolutionary would have been hilarious-- and also almost certainly somewhat dangerous. Gautier was still alive, still living in NIII’s France, and there’s reasons Gautier was very anxious to not be suspected of political intention. )
12 notes · View notes
Only one sin. But yes sins~
4 notes · View notes
Psst Mari, Matt himself just said we should hopefully be given an update very soon and things are looking more positive. So ;)- IDFS Anon
KAHSKAHDJSDSDJSJS PLEASE ANY GOOD NEWS ABOUT THE FINALE IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED THAT SAFEY
7 notes · View notes
do u like lieke martens
i think she's ok, she's straight so i don't pay attention to her 🤭
2 notes · View notes
Now What’s your favorite Madrid girlies pics?
whaaaaat? who told you i have favorite madrid ladies 😯
no clue what you're talking about amigo 🤥
6 notes · View notes
Thank you for that post. I really appreciate it and I appreciate you
me @ u
6 notes · View notes
Do you have any pictures of your favorite Spanish honeys? I haven't had a good night
im sorry to hear that,,,let me see what i got
champions of cute 🥰
one literal giant
this is just free serotonin
an angel looking at you 😍😍😍😍
this picture ❤️
thirst trap ona
was this picture necessary? absolutely
and the royal family 🥰😍❤️
i hope u feel better!
15 notes · View notes
best glee blogs? preferably ones that focus on klaine?
Any blog who reblogs this is a best glee/klaine blog, imo
34 notes · View notes
hey so if someone thought they might possibly be slightly less cis than they assumed would you have any resources you'd wanna point them to, asking for a friend, the friend is me
Hello Friend! It would be my absolute pleasure to point you in a less than cis direction!
First off, I’m going to get a little sappy and say your own thoughts and feelings are a very valuable resource! But I also know that’s probably not what you mean, SO - let me try and list out a few things that helped me as I was questioning my gender, and things that continue to help me to this day.
1. The first thing I did was a lot of thinking about the stories and characters that meant a lot to me throughout my life - especially characters I modeled myself after. What was it about them that I liked, and why were so many of them men? Why did stories about transformation scare/fascinate me so much? Why was I obsessed with ladies in disguise as men when I was a kid? Sometimes your questions are your answers.
2. Get exposure to trans and gender non-conforming people. Youtube, bloggers, your friends, anyone. Put yourself in the same physical or virtual space and see how you feel there. Are you comfortable? Does it feel right?
3. Talk to trans and GNC people. I volunteer myself! Just being able to have conversations with other people who were somewhere outside the gender binary really helped me contextualize myself.
4. I’m sorry I don’t have like, specific links apparently. I feel like there must have been articles that I read, but I’ve lost track of all of them. I remember liking Jack Monroe’s quote about still “being on the girl’s team,” which made me feel confident about supporting and celebrating women while stepping away from them.
5. I’m trying to think of books I read early in my transition, but damn, I have to admit...there was a lot of Captain America fanfic. I also read Gender Trouble, Orlando, Les Guerilleres, Zami: A New Spelling of My Name, The History of Sexuality and then a lot of Drarry fanfic. I do remember reading a lot about women and lesbians as a sort of cat-in-the-hat “find out what it’s not” technique. I read about lesbians and queer women and knew I wasn’t one. (Years later, I read Maurice and freaked out like a kitten seeing its reflection for the first time.)
6. I wasn’t kidding about you being your own resource. This thought came from you. Your brain, filled with all the thoughts and experiences you’ve processed, came up with this idea of who you might be. So while you’re collecting resources and thoughts from other people, check in with yourself and see how those new ingredients make you taste.
7. Sorry for suggesting you taste yourself??? But what I mean is - the way you think of yourself is significant on its own. Your questions have their own value, and simply asking them is significant. In other words that I found helpful early in my transition, “cis people don’t just sit around wondering if they’re cis.”
8. I’m not sure the above is true? I think it’s good and constructive to question yourself, even if you end up back where you started. Cis people should feel free to question their genders and still wind up cis. But the difference, as far as I can tell, is something like this:
My sibling and I go on a lot of walks together and sometimes we hear frogs or birds in the woods. I hear the sound, but I don’t need to know what it is. It melts into my atmosphere, and that is enough for me because I find the walk itself more edifying that stopping to investigate. My sibling always stops, and says “I think that’s a bramble-throated burbler!” or somesuch, and then creeps off in the direction of the sound to get a closer look.
I think trans people are like my sibling. Cis people can have these thoughts in a way that melts into their existing realities and identities without disturbing their foundations. Trans people have to know. We have to wander off into the woods and name what sings to us.
5 notes · View notes
tumblr ate the ask but a nonny asked for a pretty boy update SO
i had him on ft on my dash on the way home from work (not to worry, i was paying full attention to the road) and he noticed that i stopped driving and he asked if i was at a stoplight or something bc it was weird since it was dark all around me and i told him no that i had just seen a box turtle and was letting it cross the road because i didn’t wanna scare it and he got all quiet and then laughed and said “cute” before he kept telling me about his day
not to be dramatic but i think he might be The One
14 notes · View notes
Just re-watched The Break Up, and I don't know if you've noticed this, but the Klaine break up is oddly very similar to Ross and Rachel's break up on Friends??? It involves one character being too wrapped up in their own ambition (coincidentally both being fashion), and neglecting the emotional needs of their lover, and said lover cheats because their needs weren't being met, and they were lonely. And both couples are in New York. Coincidence???
Actually, Nonny, that thought has crossed my mind. I think Ross and Rachel was, actually, way more immature -- and the writers made Ross act like a total moron so that it’d give Rachel an excuse to dump his ass. But I think it’s kind of a trope -- to make neither part of the couple look bad, they both have to do something /wrong/, you know?
Also -- interestingly, in the first season of American Horror Story -- written by Ryan Murphy a year before Season 4 came out, the main couple on that show had the EXACT kind of situation that Klaine did -- down to the dialogue being similar. That was so weird when I saw it for the first time. Clearly, RM likes to recycle things, as we all know.
6 notes · View notes
Pretend to be an influencer and recommend us five products you love
Oh honey, I’m so far removed from things like that that I don’t even know how to pretend to be an influencer.
But I will recommend five things:
A) Tacos - they are very yummy
B) Books - because they are lots of fun
C) A Cat - because they are great company and not high maintenance
D) A black hat - because we all look good in black hats
E) and a product, hmmmm, Windex, because it’ll clean anything if you dump enough of it on something.
(the last one was a joke - please don’t dump Windex on things)
8 notes · View notes
Hello! I remember your weekly schedule had some Zack Foster and Bakugou Katsuki fics on there but it’s no longer there, have you posted them already or have you discontinued the fic post? ☹️ just a curious anon 💗
I know I put out a Zack Foster piece recently and the pieces I haven’t gotten to yet are all on the weekly schedule under the missed pieces portion, so I’ll definitely get to those as well.
My schedule got messed up a little while ago and it threw it off a little bit so I’m trying to catch back up on those. 😅
I do have more Bakugou and Zack Foster pieces coming tho ! I’ll never discontinue a request, just sometimes they get pushed back a little. 😊
Ok but melodrama ARTPOP born to die taste jumped out
thank you hehe, youre so sweet ily
3 notes · View notes