#the rowdy 3
I played a video game today and made a Rowdy 3 van
2 notes · View notes
rewatchin a bit of dirk gently and i hqve come to the conclusion that the entirety of the rowdy 3 are nonbinary - in various different ways but nonbinary nonetheless
yes this includes amanda and beast and literally anyone who ever ends up in the rowdy 3
50 notes · View notes
✨Reasons I shouldn't be allowed Spotify✨
53 notes · View notes
They’re queer and in love <33
71 notes · View notes
art bf Mingyu my beloved🥰
201 notes · View notes
i forgot how much i love Amanda and the rowdy 3s dynamic
44 notes · View notes
Found family trope my beloved
1 note · View note
Cases solved with arguable efficiency!
please please please watch dirk gently’s holistic detective agency
DO NOT REPOST
Reblogs are preferred to likes
122 notes · View notes
kang haneul's really like this...
3 notes · View notes
Peach and Sky!!!
💛💛💛 !!! Ik I don’t ever rlly go on Instagram but anytime I do I always check to see what u sent me bc they always make me smile!!!! Let’s go lay in a field!!! I know how to weave flowers into a flower crown and I’m absolutely plopping it on ur head!!
1 note · View note
seeing some Dirk Gently paintings I wanna save up for eventually reminded me of this painting I found on Pinterest - I’ve been unsuccessful finding the creator of it and I desperately want to so I can see if they actually sell prints of it!
if anyone recognises this art style or knows the artist, please tag them or let me know who to hit up!
95 notes · View notes
Rowdy Rebel - 9 Bridge (feat. A Boogie Wit da Hoodie)
2 notes · View notes
Hello, I am alive and rewatching Dirk Gently with new friends (had to introduce them to the show). We’re on S2E3 and I keep having those tiny little thoughts about the big something.
Here’s some of them:
- Todd and Amanda work like a battery. One’s the negative pole and the other one the positive. Input and output of energy. Redirecting it and transforming it.
- Holistics exist on both sides, the ‘good’ and the ‘bad’. “Whatever this thing is, it doesn’t pick sides.” They might even be the main force that move things in the universe, the most important gearwheels as one might say. I believe that for every Dirk solving cases, there’s a Dirk causing cases. For every Bart ‘cleansing’ the path that the holistics will have to take to ensure their safety (without knowing it) there’s a Mr. Priest trying to kill them.
- Friedkin’s new job in the fabric of reality is to lead the holistics to where they need to go. They, as Priest phrased it, are his weapons and he’s the one who has to pull the trigger. Friedkin now sees everything, he somewhat knows how things work. He’s got to keep the balance between everything and the holistics are his weapons to do so. Friedkin is neither good nor bad, he’s everything and nothing. Just like he did with Ken he leads the holistics to where they need to go, where they need to take their shot. He tries his best but the universe works in mysterious ways and he doesn’t always understand it. Ken asked to leave the car, so Friedkin let him out of the car but left him inside the cell. A misunderstanding. But he still provided Ken with the things he needed to follow his path. (Might rewatch the scene later and unpack it more organized).
- Season 3 would’ve been sci-fi, the main focus on magic car fixing robots. Too many mentions of car fixing stuff and way too many cars in S2 for it to be a coincidence. I’m thinking that maybe there was an UFO with robots and it landed in a lake. Robots can’t get into the water, can’t fix the UFO so instead they fix cars. Smart and lethal children got a hold of the robots and use it to help their family who owns a car repair shop thingy. The UFO or the code name for the mission may be Atlantis and the UFO is “The lost city of gold”. Far fletched, I know. It’s just an idea.
- Season 3 would have ended with Bart going to space in the UFO, together with the kids. “The only constant is me and gravity.” - Not anymore. She doesn’t want to kill people anymore - not possible in space. Oh, and Todd would die. Not a permanent thing though. It’s the Mexican Funeral after all. Season 4 would have been within the supernatural/paranormal genre and we already had mentions of ghost Estevez. I don’t know if the story would be about getting Todd back/ghost Todd/resurrecting him or something (maybe he’s in Valhalla?) or if his death is even part of the plot, not just a clue for what’s about to happen. The thing I’m remotely sure about is: After reuniting with Dirk during the magic car fixing robot case, Assistent would take Todd’s place - because Todd isn’t there anymore, reason unclear.
- Ken maybe tries to build a gigantic unlimited energy device, with the holistics as the gearwheels/power source. I’m not sure if it’s a literal machine (for which he might need the help of genius children?) or just a description for his network of unlimited power sources, aka the holistics, which he can control, send out, call back and thus cause an imbalance.
- And of course Amanda as the leader of the holistics. I love how season 1 already it, the way the Rowdy3 instinctively followed Amanda around in their van.
(- What if in S4 Dirk explored the Death of his own parents?)
That’s it so far. I’ll keep you updated during the last episodes of the rewatch.
46 notes · View notes
Every morning I arise from my cave I call a bed and dress like if the members of the rowdy three and the 12th doctor shared a wardrobe-
65 notes · View notes
Yes, yes, yes, but hear me out the rowdy 3 have probably killed people- I know, I know butttttttt I know for a fact they'd hug me when I'm sad.
✨Emotional support vampires✨
116 notes · View notes
Rating: Teen And Up Audiences
Words: 2,024 (as of the prologue)
project incubus were among the first to be brought into blackwing, eventually nicknaming themselves the rowdy three. years later, blackwing finds another anomalous entity with the same abilities, and adds him to project incubus, turning three into four. (they weren't gonna change their name though.)
15 notes · View notes
He's not our friend. He's British.
Cross, “Dirk Gently”
6 notes · View notes
Be the change you want to see in the world. If that means writing reader insert fanfiction for the minor character that you really like but no one else writes for (or writes the specific scenario you want) so be it￼
14 notes · View notes
God, trying to puzzle out Vogel’s age is frustrating without access to most of the comics, especially when Osric looks so goddamn young despite being in his thirties lmao.
What I have pieced together is that Blackwing 1.0 was started in ‘88 and the “prison break” is generally accepted as having happened in or around 2000, meaning that Vogel and the rest of the Rowdies were brought in somewhere in those twelve-ish years, with Vogel not being brought in until later.
The show according to the Wiki is accepted as having started in/around 2016, so sixteen years after Dirk and the others escaped Blackwing. That added to the original 12 years Blackwing 1.0 was in effect BEFORE the break makes 28 years. Meaning it’s pretttyyyy unlikely any of these characters are under 28 unless they were born after Blackwing’s founding.
I’ve only seen a single page of a comic featuring Vogel and he seeeemed to be a kid more or less when he was brought on (and the person who posted the comic page called him one as well).
If we go off Osric Chau’s alleged age, he was 30 years old when Season 1 was filmed, and born in ‘86, so two years before Blackwing was founded. If we assume that Blackwing was around for 12 years and accept 1986 as Vogel’s birth year as well - despite it being just the actor’s and as such not canonical - that means the maximum age he could have been before they escaped Blackwing would be about 14. And considering that, according to a few sources, the Rowdies “got out of control after Vogel’s introduction”, we could assume they broke out shortly after he was introduced because I can’t imagine what else “out of control” would look like other than a prison break.
Why the hell it’s so important that I know his age for this is beyond me lmao. I mean, the fic IS starting from when Vogel is brought in so I guess I do need a rough estimate but it really is not this important when the fandom is so small the fic might get ten views tops lmao
4 notes · View notes
Dirk, are you still scared of the Rowdy Three? Or are things getting better?
Amanda: I try!!
[Text: "It's better now that Amanda is their leader. She said she talked to them...?"; "Now, repeat after me: British nerd..."; "Bibbit??"; "British nerd is friend, not food"]
70 notes · View notes