Wondering who to pick between Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren? Watch Daniel Cormier, "Mighty Mouse" Johnson, Aljamain "Funk Master" Sterling, Stephen Wonderboy Thompson and more give their take on this week...
Wondering who to pick between Jake Paul vs. Ben Askren? Watch Daniel Cormier, “Mighty Mouse” Johnson, Aljamain “Funk Master” Sterling, Stephen Wonderboy Thompson and more give their take on this week…
Wondering who to choose between Jake Paul and Ben Askren? 🤔 Watch Daniel Cormier, “Mighty Mouse” Johnson, Aljamain “Funk Master” Sterling, Stephen Wonderboy Thompson and more give their thoughts on this weekend’s #TrillerFightClub boxing match!
View On WordPress
I don't know about you, but whenever I think of a Sonic game, the first thing that comes to mind is the music! From Sonic 1, Sonic Adventure to Mania there are so many original scores that Sega has attached to these games. Sometimes when I play a game or particular level the music puts me back to that first moment I entered that zone and how it perfectly suited that region.
For your reading pleasure I have compiled a top 10 list of the best Sonic tracks - feel free to comment.
10. Green Hill Zone - the OG of the Sonic musical score. This diddy was originally composed by Masato Nakamura [band member of Dreams Come True] and has reappeared several times throughout the franchises gaming history, i.e. Sonic Generations, Sonic Mania, and Sonic Forces. In an article written by Carl Anka of the Sabotage Times (2013) the original Sonic the Hedgehog game was touted as having the greatest music of any video game as a result of Green Hill's catchy beat. Don't believe me? Then you better check out some tracks that actually sampled this beat -Ms. Rightfernow by Wiz Kahlifa is a total bop.
9. Kick the Rock! - the hip hop track from Sonic Adventure 2 rapped in the POV as Knuckles is serious vibes. It gives our boy Rad Red some serious street cred - even the subtle burns and acknowledgement of how hot Rouge is kinda makes you laugh and ads to the lore that they're vibing.
8. Knuckles Theme - From Sonic Adventure this song actually sucks, BUT it comes with this epic line that has become a joke among us Classic Fans "You can call me Knuckles, unlike Sonic I don't chuckle I'd rather flex my muscles" - well then, explain this!!??
7. Ice Cap Zone - ok kids, the fact that the Michael Jackson allegedly composed this and that it has been remixed countless times is evidence enough for it to be a certified bop. This little diddy is on my snowboarding jams soundtrack. This upbeat rave-like song will make you want to get up and move. Every time it comes on and I'm on my board I'm envisioning the moment I saw Sonic on a snowboard for the first time and it was MF epic. Only the coolest kids snowboarded in the 90's so this just further solidified Sonic as the OG of the gaming character world for being Way Past Cool.
6. Star Dust Speedway (Act 2, Mania version) - Tee Lopes was a fucking GENIUS on all tracks relating to Mania. When Taxman decided to hire a sound guy he picked THE guy. A decade prior to Mania he got his start doing remixes on Sonic tracks which is where he was sourced to do the project. Lopes states that, “Although I wanted to make something that everyone could enjoy,” he says of the soundtrack, “I must confess that I specifically aimed to make older Sonic fans feel like they're kids again.” And he did...
5. Pumpkin Hill - Another Knux track, the Echidna can spit bars what can I say? This shit gives me hardcore 90's rap vibes and I'm all for that. It's creepy its, its upbeat, it works perfect for the level.
4. Oil Ocean - Sonic 2 I see you! Waiting on that movie like... hurry up 2022! Can we talk about this track? Epic. Original, Mania, or remixed you can't beat the vibe.
3. Metallic Madness (Mania, Act 2) - does anyone know wtf the guy in the back is jibbering? Not sure what it is but I love it. This track can get you ramped up with it's highs and lows... that saxobeat too. Super fun, am I right?
2. Studiopolis (Acts 1 & 2) - Turn this on and try not to bop your head and think 'yeah i get it'.... definitely the BEST new track Sega has put out in a very loooooooooooooong time - again, Tee Lopes we do not deserve you.
and finally... the best song in Sonic history:
1. Chemical Plant Zone - This is the song all us millennial's remember. As we cautiously picked up the controller knowing damn well that those water parts were coming up and NO tails did not swim and bubble shields did not exist. Friends, while you're trying to get up those damn stairs of death without drowning this music is both the most anxiety inducing track and your biggest hype beast when you make it through the stairs of hell and then past the floating rafts of doom. This song is hands-down a mutha-fuckin' work of art - don't agree? fight me.
For your viewing pleasure - all Millennials' personal hell as small children - you're welcome.
Xo, Em 💙🦔
13 notes · View notes