Glorious, Before the Burden - Time Variance Authority ~ It’s A Metaphor, You See?!
Rushing to show Mobius what he’d learned - using his snack of a salad for a metaphor - Loki wasn’t seeing the TVA agent before him. Instead, he was seeing HER - Sigyn, and he was trying to earn the music of her laugh.
When they’d arrived in London, that first visit to Midgard where he’d FINALLY told her how he felt and gotten to taste her, touch her, and - it was best not to allow those memories to flood his mind just now. He focused on her laugh, how hearing it the first time had made him yearn for it - how he’d made it his mission to hear it more often - it was like the sweetest music, the softest lyric that he could wish for - and he worked so hard to earn each one.
That last day - her laugh hadn’t been the same. There had been no sweetness, no light. Harsh and quiet, dark without a hint of humor at all. And so, as he tossed salt and pepper - when he drained liquid over the leaves of what Mobius sadly considered a snack - he wanted so badly to hear the tinkle of Sigyn’s laughter. To see the shine of the pearls that hid behind her lips, and the glow that illuminated her so brightly that he could find her anywhere.
Instead, he convinced Mobius that the other Variant - the “superior version” of himself - MIGHT be hiding in a cataclysmic event. Like Ragnarok, or -
Pompeii. Mobius chose Pompeii for him to prove his theory. He wasn’t supposed to do more than make “bird noises” - as though that would prove anything. Clearly Mobius wasn’t serious, and so he let loose goats, he tossed food, he shouted, AND - the volcano erupted -
His theory was valid and proven. He’d changed NOTHING on the “Sacred Timeline” by going wild in Pompeii seconds before the eruption. With new fire and a new idea, he and Mobius set out which cataclysmic event the OTHER LOKI could be hiding in - and perhaps, as Mobius dangled a promise of an audience with the Time-Keepers like a string for a mouse, perhaps he might find a way to learn where Sigyn could be.
Coming back from proving the theory correct, Loki had to ask Mobius about his fascination with jet skis. Why would a TVA agent be so interested if he would never actually have use of one? It made little sense, and his answer didn’t help Loki understand anymore - nor did the agent’s firm insistence that his purpose, the TVAs purpose - all of it made sense out of the chaos of life - what was the point? Life was supposed to be chaotic, it was supposed to be messy and real. Even when he mocked freedom - even when he wished to rule and -
And Mobius thought HE was the scared little boy - Loki felt almost sad for the agent. Had he never had someone like Sigyn, someone who lit up his world like a lighthouse - someone who acted as his compass, who lit his pathway and pointed out where he SHOULD go and what he SHOULD do? Even if - Loki shook off the pain - regret would do him no good, not now, not until he found her.
Alabama 2050 - A hurricane to end all, apparently. Some of the Minutemen seemed quite startled by his unwillingness to stay drenched - as if anyone would want to STAY ringing wet.
“You taste better wet,” he’d murmured into her neck, feeling her grow ever warmer in the water of the bath.
He shook himself - now was NOT the time for the memories to creep in. Not if the other variant, the other version of himself, the more dangerous one was close by. Yet, somehow, he couldn’t seem to shake them - not even when he was forced to partner with the Minuteman who trusted him far less than any of the others, and most certainly less than Mobius.
“May I taste you now, my prince?”
Like a whisper, her voice teased across his earlobe, even as he fought against the possessed Minuteman, then the others - haunted by Sigyn, by the need for her, and taunted by - he fought back, against each one that this lesser version of himself tossed at him.
It seemed like it would never end, not even when they finally showed themselves - SHE showed herself, he corrected and sighed. OF COURSE.
“This isn’t about YOU,” and he knew - deep inside that it wasn’t - just as his search wasn’t about HIM. As the charges went off, as he watched the timelines imploding and spidering, as he watched her open the timedoor and grab the hostage she’d taken in Wisconsin - he took only seconds to consider, seconds to contemplate her words because he KNEW in his heart what they meant to HIM. And without too much of a backward glance, he followed her.
Fandom: Loki - Fandom, Marvel Cinematic Universe, The Avengers (Marvel Movies), Thor (Movies), Marvel
Rating: Not Rated
Warnings: Creator Chose Not To Use Archive Warnings
Relationships: Loki (Marvel)/Reader, Loki (Marvel) & Reader
Characters: Loki (Marvel), Mobius M. Mobius, Original Female Character(s), Hunter B-15 (Marvel), Ravonna Lexus Renslayer
Additional Tags: Loki x Reader - Freeform, TVA, Loki series, Expectations, Loki / Reader - Freeform, Loki - Freeform, Self-Insert, Time Variance Authority (Marvel), loki laufeyson - Freeform, Avenger Loki (Marvel), i wrote this for me but you can read it if you want, Loki variant, Ravonna Renslayer, B-15, C-20, loki x you - Freeform
You thought Loki was dead (for real this time), but suddenly he's right in front of you and a strange man asks you to fix time with them.
*based on my excitement for the now-released Loki show and will be continued as episodes air - aka SPOILERS for the Loki series!!!*
Believe it or not THIS IS ANOTHER LOKI FIC CHAPTER UPDATE!!!
This will be the last chapter before the new episode, but don’t worry, it’s really long. I hope you enjoy it and as always, ALL FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED!!!
Tag list: @powerpuffluuvv
2 notes · View notes
Wait!! Will Mobius go rogue??
1) Mobius needs to get Loki back out of risk he'll lose his job, aka his life
2) if he doesn't immediately lose his life, he'd at least get kicked off the case. This case is Mobius's number one goal; his life's work! He failed in handling Loki, so technically, it's his responsibility to get him back, right?
3) if the entire TVA is in panic mode... This is his one chance to sneak away and go after Loki by himself. Loki (sorta) trusted him before, so Mobius is the best bet to get Loki back!
4) if Mobius is on his own, this is Loki's opportunity to turn Mobius against the TVA. I want Mobius to be there when it's revealed that the Timekeepers are fake/evil/wrong. Mobius deserves to have free will, and Loki is the way to get that.
5) this might be where the "catch me if you can" thing comes in. So far, we've only seen Loki and Mobius have a fun "buddy cop" dynamic. Now's the chance for us to see Loki jumping through time/space with Mobius on his heels!
6) I want Mobius to stay alive and on Loki's side. Mobius going rogue prevents him from getting fired. Though it makes me worried thinking of how the TVA punishes deserters :(
7) This could be where the trailer scenes come into play, specifically the one of Mobius maniacally driving through Egypt/Stonehenge, presumably chasing after Loki. Theory: The timeline being bombed could have caused convergences/collapse allowing space and time to fold into each other, making Stonehenge appear near the Sphynx.
9 notes · View notes