So I’m the maybobbisif anon…and I have tons of ideas. Janelle monae as sif. Let’s throw in Anna Diop as Natasha or Lucy liu, and maybe a Latina actress for Maria hill. Add Brunnhilde. So it’s May/bobbi/sif/Natasha/Maria/Brunnhilde. Idk the ship name tho…Oof. It’s a polycule of 6.
ok considering that heimdall and lady sif are supposed to be siblings I think Janelle would be good as Sif.
Anna Diop as Natasha
stephanie beatriz for Maria Hill
Laverne Cox for Bobbi Morse
and of course Brunnhilde
I’m loving it!!!
59 notes · View notes
There's a lot of grumbling already about the details of Loki Episode 2 (as per usual) but I continue to have all the faith in the world in this cast & crew. We're only two episodes in and everybody's still making a lot of assumptions.
Some commentary about particular fandom gripes are below.
My review and speculation about Loki ep 2 are here btw
- Tom has said that Loki's genderfluidity was a major concern for the writers and director and I absolutely believe him because well, Tom doesn't lie, especially about things like that. So I'm waiting for ep 3 to explain the situation instead of jumping to any conclusions.
- Just because "The Variant" has blonde hair it doesn't mean that she isn't a good representation of "Lady Loki" (I don't like using that nickname for anyone except Loki hijacking Sif's body, to be frank). I'm theorizing that her character is an amalgam of Sylvie Lushton, Amora the Enchantress, and Loki's female form. She doesn't get along with her male side so she chooses not to look like him and she has her own name (possibly Sylvie).
- Different Loki variants have different powers, which makes sense because they've lived different lives. "Sylvie's" mind control/possession trick seems very unique and she probably intentionally does magic in ways Loki doesn't. This is why I think she'll eventually change her outfit and become Enchantress (maybe in S2).
- But the body possession thing is VERRRY INTERESTINK since Sif is likely to show up sometime this season. I'm not saying I want Sif to get possessed by Sylvie, but well ok yeah I do want her to get possessed.
- If TVA Loki is able to learn from "Sylvie's" experiences, then the male and female sides of TVA Loki could learn to exist together in peace and THEN you'd get your proper brunette female Loki, you picky people.
- It's been established in interviews and articles that this series is about identity, especially the complicated and mercurial identity of Loki. He seems very different here because he's always different in each new movie and situation. He's surviving in the TVA by appearing to be a boyish goofball who's too arrogant to be a serious threat. And he'll keep changing his behavior depending on the setting and audience. I just don't see Loki as ever being OOC since he keeps reinventing himself for whoever he's with.
- This one's for the knife haters: since the Multiverse can be combined into one timeline by the Time Keepers, it could follow that if there were many Loki variants running around with different powers in many timelines that were then all combined, the resulting Loki might just have ALL THEIR POWERS. Especially if a particularly clever Loki figured out a way to make that work for him.
- Loki's getting ready for an evolution/power up, is what I'm sayin. He wasn't Comics Loki powerful before now because he was still a boy going through his villain origin/face-turn arc. Now he's ready for his Next Level arc.
40 notes · View notes