🎼Makalaurë Kanafinwe/Maglor 🎼 not exactly drowned (or is he?👀), but definitely associated with water.
I tried a different brush
4 notes · View notes
The reasons I think Maedhros and Maglor had a close relationship with each other are:
Maedhros entrusted the crown to Maglor while he went to go deal with Morgoth
When Mae has to head out to the big feast Fingolfin is throwing, Mags was the only brother he took along with him.
When the Easterlings betrayed Maedhros, Maglor was the one to personally kill their leader.
They stuck together through the end when their last brothers died.
They took care of Elrond and Elros together.
When push came to shove, Maglor submitted to the will of his brother, even though he voiced more of his misgivings.
All those things imply that even if they weren’t besties, there’s definitely a certain amount of loyalty, trust and rapport between them. So much so that they were together through the literal end.
3 notes · View notes
Six: The Musical except it’s starring the Feanorion bros telling their own stories. And Mags put it together.
3 notes · View notes
I was finally done with this but then I had to go and MANUALLY FIX THE DAMN COLORS because it decided to save way too brightly, turned all my grays into whites, made Val's skin orange and I was just really mad. Well now I finally got it the way I want it again, the brightness did one thing...at least the glitter is shinier.
So this is Curumo and Valarie, my OC for his wife back when they were still in Valinor. They bonded over their creative pursuits, Curumo was in the middle of tinkering with something (hence the wrench) and Val's trying to compose this song hoping it'll come together.
5 notes · View notes
Adûnaphel the Quiet
Úlairë Otsëa, Seventh of the Nine, bearer of Sapthân the Foolstone.
Adûnaphel was unusual among her number, as the only woman to have accepted a ring of power from the Dark Lord. No less vicious than the other wicked kings of men during her time period, she overtly controlled much of Harad's coastline during the Second Age as Ard the Vain. She was ambitious, desiring to see the dominion of Númenor over Middle-earth and hated elves to a great extent. She was close in friendship with her compatriot from the Far East, Khamûl.
8 notes · View notes
Aragorn: Call the hobbits, they’re not listening to me.
Boromir: I’m not their dad!
Aragorn: Just do it.
Boromir: Ok guys! Line up, let’s move out!
*the hobbits immediately start following him*
Boromir: no listen LISTEN i’m not their-
62 notes · View notes
I was trying to do a brief google search to see if Peter Jackson is actually thinking about doing a longer LOTR cut (because I think that other post is probably a joke post) and one of the first articles I open had this unfortunate line:
[Image description: Text that says "2021 marks The Lord of the Rings movies' 20th anniversary" End ID]
I gotta go lie down, I remember seeing these movies in theaters! Time is weird.
2 notes · View notes
Feanor trying to clown Nerdanel for giving their twins the same name is understandable since why would you give them the exact same name fam, they’re two different people.
But also, this ninja has zero room to talk because this is the same dude who named all their kids (Blank)-Finwë
30 notes · View notes
Maedhros: “I gave you express bloody orders...!”
His brothers: “We don’t have to follow orders when our leader’s acting like a daft cunt!”
14 notes · View notes
So Dom uploaded the first four minutes of this to Twitter a few days ago, which instantly grabbed my attention, but there's one joke at the very end that was worth the watcha all on its own.
Ilmarë/Arien (Ilmarien) moodboard
(click image for better quality)
18 notes · View notes
*closes The Return of the King* Okay, what do I do now?
Part 2 - Shy and Sweet S/O
- If you are someone with a shyer disposition, when it comes to dating Celegorm you are going to have someone who is constantly testing and pushing your boundaries someway or another.
- Be it he is trying to still constantly seduce you, even in front of other elves or the ellon is pushing you to break out of your shell and comfort zone to do something that you might not do otherwise.
- If you are on the shyer side of giving affection publicly, regardless, that is not going to stop Celegorm as he makes grand gestures of his affections or pushing societal boundaries.
- He’s happy to sneak up behind you while you are unaware- even if you’re in the middle of a conversation- to press himself against you, arms wrapping around your waist and mouthing at your neck most inappropriately.
- It’s such a wonderful sight to him to see you get all blushing and flustered by it, or you possibly hiding your face in your hands.
- If you shyly swat him off you, Celegorm only wryly grins and most definitely does as you tell him, but that doesn’t mean he’s not going to do it again soon enough.
- He loves a good game of cat and mouse, and with you he finds himself in a perpetual state of cat and mouse or chase.
- Though he adores your sweeter nature, and that when you are both in private how you want to dote on him in return.
- Celegorm loves the chase sure, but he also loves when you want to finally stop and indulge him in your own affections for him.
- He loves to antagonize you, he likes that he can bring you out of your shell a little further if he does so. Thinking it absolutely adorable when you do.
- Celegorm likes to pick playfully at all your words, pressing you into telling him why you won’t do or say something, though the moment you tell him you are uncomfortable he is happy to put a stop to it.
- He wants for the interactions to be fun and enjoyable, not distressing.
- Celegorm likes to try and see how far he can push you to doing something that you wouldn’t normally try things such as:
- Hunting, archery, foraging, any sports to start off with.
- Even though he is annoyingly pushing so hard, once you do he is surprisingly encouraging and really takes the time to build up your confidence in any of the things he’s tried to get you to do.
- Just because you have a sweeter and shyer disposition, it doesn’t mean that there aren’t going to be things he will still seem aloof about.
- If anything he is still very protective of you, but still it’s very much private even from you.
- There are still some things he won’t be quick to come to your rescue with regardless, such as defending yourself verbally.
- Being with Celegorm means you are going to have a lot of naysayers (if in Beleriand) or perhaps jealous elleths (if in both Beleriand and Valinor.).
- This is where he spends a lot of time fostering your confidence.
- Celegorm wants you to be able to verbally stick up for yourself before he comes to your defense because he can’t always be there for you physically in person, as he can take up to weeks on his hunts.
- He wants for you to be able to be assertive enough you can keep them off your back enough until you can get there, or until Curufin can step in in his place.
- Even when it comes to your physical safety he still wants you to know or thing or two, but either way he will always have someone looking out for you regardless.
- Either a guard always seems to show up just in time or Curufin does if it isn’t Celegorm himself.
- No matter what you will always be safe, even if he’s not around and trust me when I say the person who tried to harm you will never be a problem again.
* * *
@saviorsong @lilmelily @dicksoutformtl @fandomhoe101 @icarus-fell-in-spring @iwenttomordor @red-riding @elarinya-nailo @slasherwife
42 notes · View notes
“His rage passes description--the sort of rage that is only seen when rich folk that have more than they can enjoy suddenly love something that they have long had but have never before used or wanted.” - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit
1 note · View note
There's no such things as "too many" editions of HoMe IV
5 notes · View notes
“Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them,
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.”
– JRR Tolkien, Ring Verse, The Fellowship of the Ring
[Original Cover Design, by J.R.R. Tolkien]
• Revolution of Tenderness is launching its first-ever reading group, an 8-week literary pilgrimage through The Fellowship of the Ring, the first volume of Tolkien’s monumental trilogy. Our weekly meetings will be enhanced with videos, rarely-heard recordings of Tolkien interviews, and a commemorative journal that will include inspiring quotes and prompts.
We’ve chosen this novel because of a rare opportunity: the Rimini Meeting in Italy, Europe’s most-attended week-long cultural festival, is held annually in August. This year’s edition will feature an historic collaboration between the Meeting, Oxford University, and St. Andrews University in presenting The Tree of Tales, a remarkable exhibit on the life and work of J.R.R. Tolkien. The Revolution of Tenderness literary pilgrimage will culminate in watch parties of the Rimini event, and other behind-the scenes opportunities reserved exclusively for Revolution of Tenderness members. More: https://www.revolutionoftenderness.net/tolkien-summer-literary-pilgrimage
1 note · View note
In a hole in the ground there lived a hobbit. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole filled with the ends of and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare sandy hole with nothing to sit down on or to eat: It was a hobbit-hole and that means comfort.
3 notes · View notes
Interesting thread 🤔
The last comment, though. 🤭🤭🤭 People KNOW (who owns most shares in Hollywood).
People are tired.
17 notes · View notes
“Moringotto? More like Morin-GOT ME FUCKED UP!”
10 notes · View notes
Achilles, Come Down reminds me SO MUCH of Maedhros, especially in the latter half of their story. I can totally see it as a song from Maglor’s point of view before Mae jumps.
10 notes · View notes