SAD JOHN HEADCANONS
* when he was first adopted without his brothers he didn’t understand it
* he thought for the first few years they were coming back
* every year on his birthday when he was away from his brothers he wishes for his brother to show up at his part
* when he was a little older her ran into joseph as a walmart and was to shocked to even talk to him
* Joseph nor Jacob could recognize him when the family was back together
* joseph carved the sins into john as a punishment when he continued to sin with joseph’s warning
* has scars all over this body from his adoptive and biological parents
* women were in love with johns money and not really him
* so when they got to know him and his past they ran away
* John was very depressed and had a failed suicide attempt as a teen
* he’s deadly afraid of fire
* when the barn was burnt by jacob he hardly had enough time to escape
* he now has a small burn on his arm and when jacob sees it he’s filled with guilt
* for hours john would go to the church when no ones around and preach beautiful words wishing he was the head of the project
* sometimes his family is outside listening to him
* it’s usually about expectance
* as a teen he experimented with boys and found out he’s bisexual and when her got his first boyfriend he had sleepovers with him
* when his family found out John was beaten and sent straight to church
* john is a great pretender
* he can convince someone the skys green but can’t begin to believe he’s worth saving
* he knows eden won’t ever let him in
* cries every time someone points out the self harm scars in his wrist
* jacob keeps a close eye on john incase john does end up overdosed
* jacob thinks joseph is super in fair to john
* joseph is very degrading to john and john sees joseph as the father he never got
* misses his birth dad even with the abuse he cause
* he has nightmares about his birth mom
( EXTRA HEADCANONS )
trans John headcanons
* John was never happy as a child
* when he looked in the mirror and saw little Joanne the little girl of the family he cried
* he was treated differently for he was a girl at birth
* always cooking and cleaning hardly ever wiped
* but when he began to wear joseph’s clothes and wanted to cut his hair his father beat him bloody
* never again
* when they moved out to the farm he grabbed scissors and cut his hair braided by joseph into a short style
* jacob always knew joanne wasn’t really joanne
* jacob supported John and always was lending him clothes
* joseph also supported john buy fixing the mess of a hair cut john did and helping come up with a name
* of course they slipped up a lot but john didn’t mind
* his foster parents were very transphobic and this led jacob to burn the barn down after john was beat
* when they were separated and john was adopted he was forced to let his hair grow and get girl clothes
* when he turned 18 and went to college he started testosterone shots
* soon he was growing a beard and no one knew he was once joanne
* after her graduated he fulling transitioned
* when he met his brother again they didn’t know what to expect
* when they saw him they were proud to call him John Seed
* he leads more people to join the project knowing its lgbtq+ friendly
* openly trans within the project
* all members support him and he led very many others like him to join edens gate
14 notes · View notes
I was thinking about your tags in that post about why there are flowers on the bodies in John’s and Faith’s regions (at least I think there in the Henbane). I wonder if it’s connected to like, their overall messages? Like they all seem to be meant as warnings but the ones in John’s and Faith’s regions usually have writing that says like “we love you” or “say yes” “welcome to Eden’s Gate” etc where Jacob’s are just straight up “sacrifice the weak.” Idk I’m just musing.
Oooh yeah I really like the theory that it's because the bodies in Jacob's region are supposed to have a slightly different message than the ones in John and Faith’s. Because I was thinking how it's sorta symbolic of the fact John and Faith's roles are both much more focused on presenting a pleasant outward image to lure people in compared to Jacob. I've also noticed in Jacob's region like not only do the bodies not have flowers, they have flies buzzing around them, so maybe the flowers are to cover the stench? And the presence or absence of them could be symbolic of the fact that John and Faith are literally "covering up" the gruesome aspects of Eden’s Gate, whereas Jacob is really not trying to hide the cruelty at all. (In a way, Jacob is the most honest of all the heralds, probably all the Seeds period imo.)
And I totally hadn't connected it how the bodies read different with the different herald's slogans. Like you said, they're all warnings. But in John and Faith's regions maybe they're also recruitment tactics. Which is consistent with John and Faith's roles compared to Jacob. Like Jacob honestly doesn't do any recruitment compared to them, he has that one "Only You" Uncle Sam style poster but that's all I can think of that’s directed at drawing people in. None of the general recruiting stuff has his slogans. Like in the Eden’s Gate Outreach Center in the Henbane, which is supposed to be their propaganda center, you can find stuff with both John and Faith’s slogans.
But I’ve searched around and never found anything with any of Jacob’s.
Anyways the only other explanation I can think of for the fact that Jacob doesn’t have flowers is maybe they just grow less in his region? Because there is also a note you can find at the Eden’s Gate Greenhouse in the Holland Valley (which is just off the road leading to John’s ranch and filled with bliss flowers) that mentions expanding the bliss fields to the valley.
Which is kinda interesting in its own right considering John is the only person who mentions having any moral objection to the bliss, and Jacob uses it way more than John does. (And still, it’s not that big a county, I’m sure he could go pick a couple bouquets if he really wanted to.)
Also sorry to keep rambling and go completely off topic but another detail I’ve noticed with the bodies, which you can sorta see in the photoset I reblogged earlier, is that the bodies in Faith’s region tend to have more like, animal bones and antlers on them as well. Which is interesting because that’s kinda more John’s aesthetic, there are some bodies in the little arts and crafts area of his bunker decorated just like the ones you find around Faith’s region. Which makes me wonder if he’s decorating them for her? (Not to say Faith isn’t totally capable of mutilating a body.) But also the ones in John’s region feature the flowers slightly more in that they tend to be the ones with the bliss petals shoved in the abdominal cavity. So maybe they just got switched in the code lol? Who knows.
Finally I promise I’m a normal person and I don’t just go staring at the game’s mutilated corpses all the time for fun, I studied them a little to describe for a scene in my fic and they’re kinda a motif in it. In part to work as symbolism for the differences between the heralds so this has actually been really useful lol. Deputy Jestiny will also be observing the fact Jacob doesn’t use flowers when first entering the Whitetails and cracking a joke along the lines of, “Huh. Guess he lacks his siblings' ‘delicate touch’.”
26 notes · View notes
gimme more head canons about Ana & Jackie and their Seed spawn pls
When Jackie found out that she was pregnant with Jake's kid, she was absolutely terrified
She locked herself in the bathroom for a while, and was having a panick attack, trying to process the fact that she is pregnant.
She was not ready to be a mom. She wanted to wait until her and Jacob's relationship was fully stable.
She didn't tell him, because she was worried about how he would react, but was also worried about him as a whole.
Jackie seen what Jacob is capable of, and she'd be lying if she said that the idea of him being a father worries her.
She was going to hold off on telling him for a few weeks until she felt ready. But she started showing strong symptoms, having morning sickness most mornings, nausea, headaches, and hell, Jacob even noticed that her moods switched very often and she started having cravings.
Then it became unavoidable when he questioned her about it, and she ended up coming clean, not being able to look him in the eye for more than a few seconds.
but oh boy was he happy. He was so happy, he hugged her so tight and started laughing, kissing her face all over, something extremely unusual for him. But nonetheless, she was relieved
He loved seeing her walking around carrying his baby. But she hated being pregnant since most of her clothes started getting too small for her, and her cravings got more intense. But she was also experiencing more contractions and back pains that had her bed bound for hours
Overall those 9 months were very rocky and hard on both Jaqueline and Jacob. They had their ups and downs, and had lots of arguments that even ended up with them sleeping in separate beds.
But they made up eventually, like always. And before they even knew it, their baby was born
You know how i said Jackie is small? yeah...Well that wasnt something she considered when she was having a baby with a man thrice her size was
The baby comes out chunky, and somewhere around 8-10 lbs. It was a boy, and he had obnoxiously bright red tufts of hair that resembled his dads. Jacob was definitely proud.
Jacob would hold his baby boy and look down at him with the most happy and proud look you've ever seen– not even his brothers saw him this happy before.
Their son sleeps in a small crib right next to their bed because 1. jacob is overprotective over his spawn 2. so its easier for jackie to take care of him when he starts crying in the middle of the night.
Jacob's nightmares/ night terrors lessen by a lot after his son is born. He actually does get some sleep sometimes. But when he doesn't, it's mostly because of the baby, rather than his PTSD.
He wouldn't let anyone outside his family see his soft side because "it makes him weak", but really he just wants to bond with his family in peace
Whenever Jackie is too busy or sick to take care of the baby, Jacob brings takes care of him for the day. He even brings him to meetings with him
Okay but like can you imagine Jacob doing one of his PowerPoint slides while holding his baby in one arm?? And maybe even has his little carrier thing on the floor next to his chair in case he gets sleepy??
he even lowers his voice while talking so he won't wake him up
Jacob is actually pretty excited to introduce his baby to his siblings.
Joseph is so happy with the baby, he holds him with a smile. He loves how he resembles Jacob so much, and he even thinks that he is a gift from god. Faith absolutely adores the baby, and she even brough him some new plushies and clothes. John also brings stuff for the baby (stuff that he may or may have not stolen from the Ryes) And when he holds the baby he feels happiness and joy, but isn't showing it much. spoiler: this is the moment John gets baby fever
But anyway, Jacqueline and Jacob do live pretty peacefully with their baby for a while. Jacob, for the first time in what seems like years, can finally settle down and be happy
You know how i said john got baby fever from seeing Jacob's baby? He suggests it to Ana, and she agrees
She wanted to wait a bit until everything was settled in term of getting her work sorted out when EG finally takes over Hope County
except she ended up getting pregnant, on accident, a bit earlier than anticipated (The seeds really don't know what a condom is huh)
It was a surprise, not unwelcome, but a surprise to say the least
To say that John was happy was an understatement, he was absolutely joyful, so much so that he couldn't even process the news Ana just told him. He ended up having a very delayed reaction
"John, you oka-"
"HOLY FUCK WE'RE HAVING A BABY?!!?"
In short, John couldn't get his hands off her, and kept smooching her and hugging her close for the rest of the day.
Ana and John agreed to keep it a secret from everyone else until they found the right time for it
But John being John couldn't contain his excitment, and he may have ended up telling a few of his men. Which promptly ended with the whole county finding out that the youngest seed and his wife were expecting
His siblings were very happy with the news, though they didn't like that everyone else in the county found out before they did.
Joseph is now fully convinced that god blessing his family for all their suffering.
During the pregnancy, John continues to spoil Ana despite her telling him not to spend too much of their money on her, but rather on the baby and the project. That was ignored though.
lol Ana ended up looking like Mrs Puff in that sponegbob episode where Mr. Krabs spoiled tf out of her
John absolutely goes all out for the baby. He sticks the ultrasound pictures on the fridge, even the earliest ones where the baby still looks very teeny tiny. basically makes a big deal out of it every time
He may or may have not thrown a huge, very decorated gender reveal party for the baby (which may or may have not started a small fire and burned some poor farmers' crops. Thanks John)
Like Jacob and Jackie, they find out that they're having a boy as well.
The baby shower is even more exaggerated. There's lots of cake and decorations, and gifts, and John even films it so they could look back at it in the future with their son.
He contantly zooms in on his family members and points at them, talking about them as if he's talking to his kid
"Thats your uncle Jacob there, He could be a jackass sometimes but he means well" and jacob just gives him a "don't start" look
"This is your aunt Faith, she's nice, but not really though." Faith initially smiles at first but her smile disappears very quickly
"Your uncle Joseph here loves you so much, and he can't wait to see you. We're all excited to see you" And Joseph smiles and waves at the camera
Months pass, and the baby is here!
John demands to be with Ana when she goes into labor so he could assist and comfort her. She holds his hand pretty tight though, almost breaking it
Thankfully, the baby was surprisingly small, and the labor was less painful compared to Jackie's. Still fucking painful though.
John straight up cried when he saw and held his son for the first time. Ana was laughing, but also cried with him. So they were both looking down at the baby and crying tears of joy. Just a wholesome family moment
John is actually a very good dad. He takes care of the kid, holds him when he's fussing, plays with him, and hands him to Ana whenever he thinks he's hungry
One night she woke up to the sound of the baby crying, only to go and find John already in the baby's room, carrying him and rocking him around. Made her heart melt to say the least
John and Jacob's kids definitely play together on the weekends when they're a little bit older. And because of that Jacob and John actually get to see each other more. They definitely brought the whole family together even closer 💕
But yeah, that was too long. I got too invested lol. Thanks for the ask @scungilliwoman
4 notes · View notes