Struggles of The Curly headed girl✨
At this point I don't know what to do with all you curls, coils and kinks. Don't get me wrong I love you and I wouldn't trade you for anything in the world, but can I also say fuck you and you get on my nerves!?
I mean damn I've tried so many products I can't remember which ones work and which ones didn't 😵💫 I love how my curls are popping one day and then flopping the next...The frizz, the shrinkage, the tangles omg!
Then you turn around and do some majestic ass shit and just be all flowy and beautiful and gorgeous and I'm like where did you come from and why can't you just stay like this all the time!?! I'm not even going to talk about the struggle when it comes to a diffuser so let's just say I'm an air-dry type of girl. But that don't mean I'm not going to master it!
Oh curly hair this is truly a love to hate relationship. But I promise we'll get through this together❤️. Only in time, the right products and the right techniques will you stay popping, moisturized and hydrated until the end of your hair days!
1 note · View note
Tips For Starting The Curly Girl Method
1. Don't buy tons of products and spend heaps of money, just a co-wash and mouuse or gel works great, and you can exand as you go!
2. Use a scalp brush! These things are miracles- especially if you have really oily hair like me! They also will also cut extend the number of days between your washes!
3. Just use a cotton t-shirt for drying. Many people invest in a perfect hair care towel, but why not just use what you've got?
4. For great curl clumps, use your hands to micro-plop as much water as you can out of them when you're in the shower, and then apply mousse or gel and micro-plop again.
5. I get great results out of washing my hair in the evening and putting it up in a pineapple when it's not fully dry. This keeps the mousse and volume in so when you wake up, it's not only dry but the scrunching gives you AMAZING curls. I never used to do this but now I love it!
6. You don't need a satin pillowcase or bonet. Literally just pineapple your hair in the night and your hair will be as good as new in the morning!
7. Don't tire yourself out with the CGM. It's easy to get lost in a spiral of possibilities but if you read my previously post, you'll see that it's so simple to do if you keep it that way!
So, I hope you've learnt something from this and I can inspire you and help you out on your curly girl journey ❤
2 notes · View notes