Hotaru Comics is now officially on tumblr!
Hotaru Comics is a newly established discord community and was created to support all kinds of artists and writers. Our goal is to push our members forward to enhance and expand their skills, as well as give them a platform to showcase their work.
On our server you can share ideas, art, writing, animations, and much more! If wished for you'll not only receive valuable feedback but also constructive criticism and support to push you further in your skills and goals!
If you'd like to be part of our community please feel free to join our discord server! https://discord.gg/AcXWTPpHDQ
Earlier this week, at long last, the mascot design for our server was decided! The design you see is the one that won by a landslide!! It was created by one of our members who can be found on Instagram as tsedomi_art.
2 notes · View notes
Hello, lovelies! We hope you’re having a good day!
It’s Creative Week here at the LALP, so instead of an advice-related blog article, we’re instead going to be giving unique tips on how to stay inspired. Whatever your field of creativity is—writing, dancing, drawing, designing, etc—we hope these help!
1. Research a subject you don’t know a lot about! I highly recommend psychology, oceanography, or astronomy. They are all incredibly fascinating, and even fun, to dive into! They could spark many interesting ideas.
2. Look back on a piece of art or media that you absolutely hate (book, show, dance routine, painting, photograph, etc). Think about how you could improve it or give it more depth. Think about where the creator messed up, and what you could do to make that better.
3. Put a bunch of one-worded ideas or prompts into a hat, and pull out any random three! Then, put those together, and see if you can make an art piece out of it!
4. Look into different cultures and myths from around the world. Every country has something fascinating and lovely to offer, in the way of stories AND tradition!
5. Indulge yourself. Think about all the tropes and genres and art styles that interest you, and put it all together with your own unique twist! Don’t be afraid to do what you like, have fun with it!
Let us know if these tips helped you, and have a wonderful time creating 💖
~ The LALP Crew
5 notes · View notes