Nan-e Barbari (Persian Flatbread)
It’s been relatively quiet on the bread front around here lately. Not that I haven’t made any but just that I’ve been cycling through a bunch of our tried and true favorites, so I’m especially excited to share a new version with you today—this addictively chewy and golden Nan-e Barbari, aka Persian Flatbread.
It is absolutely wonderful and while it does require a couple of rises, the beauty part is that bakes up in just about 5 minutes!
And you don’t have to wait until it cools to tear it apart and dig in! Perfect for when patience is lacking!!
Ok, so let’s get started—Once you’ve mixed up the dough and let it rise for the first time, you punch it down and divide into four pieces (or 2 if you want really huge breads—I just find it easier to work with the smaller sizes)
Then roll it out and let rise again.
Meanwhile you place a pizza stone or upside-down baking sheet into the oven and let it get insanely hot! That’s the key to baking up crisp but chewy loaves!
Now you brush the dough with oil
And use your fingers to make little dimples all over to catch all that lovely oil.
Finally, you top the whole shebang with flaky sea salt or sesame seeds or whatever strikes your fancy and bake!
Minutes later you’re rewarded with the freshness of hot baked bread—sort of like a cross between focaccia and flatbread.
Wonderful on its own
Or topped with this Israeli chopped salad
Or anything you can dream up! Happy baking!!
Nan-e Barbari (Persian Flatbread)
Makes 4 small or 2 large flatbreads
Prep Time: 20 minutes; Rising Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes; Bake Time: 5-7 minutes
2 ½ teaspoons active dry yeast
¼ cup sugar
2 ¼ cups warm water
5 cups bread flour, plus extra for rolling out
2 tablespoons canola or grapeseed oil
1 tablespoon kosher salt
Scant ⅓ cup extra-virgin olive oil
Flaky sea salt, sesame seeds, poppy seeds for topping (optional)
1. If you have a stand mixer with a dough hook, now’s the time to use it. Otherwise you’ve got to do some kneading by hand. Place the yeast and sugar in the large bowl of the mixer and whisk together well. Whisk in the water and let sit for about 5 minutes, until the mixture looks a little bubbly. Attach the dough hook. Add the flour and oil and mix for 5 minutes. Add in the kosher salt and mix for another 5 minutes. The dough will look a little shaggy but this is ok. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in a warm spot to rise for 1 hour, until doubled in size. (If you don’t have a mixer you can mix the dough by hand—the process will just take longer).
2. While the dough is rising, line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and dust them both with a little flour. Set aside.
3. Once the dough has risen place one of the oven racks in the lowest position and preheat to 500ºF. Place a pizza stone or an upside down baking sheet on the rack and let it get crazy hot.
4. Punch down the dough and turn it out onto a floured board or clean surface. If the dough seems too sticky to work with, add a little more flour and flour your hands as you work the flour into the dough. Divide it into 2 or 4 equalish pieces and use a floured rolling pin to roll the pieces into ¼-½-inch oblong rectangles and use a bench scraper or spatula to help transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheets, spacing them evenly apart if using 4 pieces. Cover each sheet with a slightly damp towel and let rise again for 30 minutes.
5. Brush the dough with the oil all over and then use the tips of your fingers to make lengthwise indentations all down and across the length of the dough. Sprinkle with the sea salt and any other toppings you want to use.
6. Bring the trays near the oven. Carefully lift the parchment with the dough onto the preheated baking sheet or pizza stone (it’s hot). Let cook for 5 minutes, then check. If bread is golden all over, remove it from the oven. Otherwise cook for another minute or two, checking often so that it doesn’t burn. Let bread cool on a wire rack and bake the second batch.
7. This is best eaten on the day it is baked but also pretty wonderful reheated for a few minutes. Store leftovers well wrapped in the fridge for a few days.
Note: Recipe adapted from Eating Out Loud by Erin Grinshpan. The original recipe calls for 4 1/2 cups of flour but every time I’ve made it that way, I’ve had to add at least 1/2 cup more because it was too sticky to work with. I increased the flour to 5 cups, but you might even need more—use your judgement. I also swapped in canola for the grapeseed oil because that’s what I more regularly have on hand.
Bread Improvers Market Outlook, Industry Demand and Supply, Key Prospects, Pricing Strategies, Forecast, 2026
The latest study on the Bread Improvers market gives an extensive analysis of the business performance of the prominent vendors across different countries for the forecast period, 2019 to 2026. The global bread improvers market was valued at USD 696.9 Million in 2018 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.1% from 2019 to reach USD 996.11 Million by the year 2026. The report applies both qualitative and quantitative techniques to estimate the market share, size, trends, gross revenue and profit margin in the forecasted years. The research also highlights the major drivers, restraints, challenges and threats that will have a probable impact on the industry. The study also assesses the strategies employed by the key vendors to gain a competitive edge in the market. It segments the market based on product type, application and geography.
Request for FREE sample report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2468
The Bread Improvers market fragmentation and emergence of significant changes observed in the food and beverage industry are attributed to urbanization, shifting consumer preferences, and increasing population. The popular worldwide trend focusing on the presence of natural ingredients in food and beverages is on the rise. This inclination towards ‘natural and fresh’ food is also boosting demand for clean label products. The escalating demand for healthier substitutes for different food ingredients, especially innovative products such as plant-based meat alternatives, are paving the way for technological innovations and increasing the scope of food engineering.
In market segmentation by manufacturers, the report covers the following companies-
Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.), Associated British Foods plc (U.S.), Ireks GmbH (Germany), Oriental Yeast Co., Ltd. (Japan), Fazer group (Finland), Corbion N.V. (Netherlands), Nutrex N.V. (Belgium), Group Soufflet (France), Puratos Group (Belgium), Lallemand Inc. (Canada) Pak Group (U.S.), InVivo (France), Bakels Worldwide, (Switzerland), Lesaffre (France), and John Watson-Inc. (U.S.).
Key players functioning in the food and beverage industry are also resorting to inventive methods to extend their consumer base. Fifty-nine percent of survey takers revealed that they use various platforms like online networking and digital advertising to reach an extensive range of customers. Today, consumers across the globe are able to tap the most innovative products available in the regional market. Digital media and social networking platforms have proven effective for companies attempting to broaden their reach in a way that is non-intrusive yet persuasive customers to consider regular purchases.
With the increasing integration of social media in consumers’ daily lives and the ever-expanding virtual marketplace, the Bread Improvers industry has witnessed the growth of several profitable growth opportunities and paving the way for more product innovation.
Create an everlasting reputation:
The report on global Bread Improvers market is intended to offer business owners, stakeholders and field marketing executives a broad overview of the business they should be focussing on for the estimated period. The research further holds vital information on the size of market and data on the prominent leaders’ product owners have to compete with, in the coming years. Assessments of the broad strengths, as well as weaknesses too, add value to the overall research. Products details not only cover the popular applications and its performance, but it also unveils certain trends and value of specific products within specific regions.
Type (Volume, Metric Tons; 2019-2026 and Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2026)
Inorganic bread improvers
Organic bread improvers
Ingredients, (Volume, Metric Tons; 2019-2026 and Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2026)
Others (Chlorine, and other bleaching agents)
Form (Volume, Metric Tons; 2019-2026 and Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2026)
Liquid & semi-liquid
Application (Volume, Metric Tons; 2019-2026 and Revenue, USD Million; 2019-2026)
Others (Pizza bread, pies, biscuits, and other bakery products)
Get Your Copy at Discounted Price @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/discount-enquiry-form/2468
Global Competitive Landscape:
The key participants that control a considerable portion of the Bread Improvers market are actively employing the resources at their disposal to bring about long-standing development changes. The global industry is undergoing considerable transformation, accelerating the growth of the overall market. The available growth opportunities for the sector can be capitalized on through on-going process improvements and keeping up with the economic volatility to dedicate resources to promising expansion plans.
To offer more clarity on what the future holds for the industry elements such market segmentation based on the end-user, geography, product type, gross margin and profits generated across various regions for the forecast period, 2019 - 2026.
In addition, the inclusion of statistics on acquisition and mergers, collaborations, technology innovation and key market players further makes this research on Bread Improvers market value for business evangelists planning to explore new regions, launch revolutionary products and increase their customer base.
Objective of Studies:
1. To provide detailed analysis of the market structure along with forecast of the various segments and sub-segments of the global Bread Improvers market.
2. To provide insights about factors affecting the market growth. To analyze the Bread Improvers market based on various factors- price analysis, supply chain analysis, Porte five force analysis etc.
3. To provide historical and forecast revenue of the market segments and sub-segments with respect to four main geographies and their countries- North America, Europe, Asia, Latin America and Rest of the World.
4. To provide country level analysis of the market with respect to the current market size and future prospective.
5. To provide country level analysis of the market for segment by application, product type and sub-segments.
6. To provide strategic profiling of key players in the market, comprehensively analyzing their core competencies, and drawing a competitive landscape for the market.
7. To track and analyze competitive developments such as joint ventures, strategic alliances, mergers and acquisitions, new product developments, and research and developments in the global Bread Improvers market.
The research provides answers to the following key questions:
• What will be the market size and growth rate of the Bread Improvers market for the forecast period 2019 -2026 across different regions?
• What are the key driving forces expected to shape the future of the industry worldwide?
• What strategies are the prominent vendors adapting to stay ahead of their competitors?
• Which major trends are impacting the development of the Bread Improvers Market Worldwide?
• Which factors can hinder, challenge or even restrict the expansion of the Bread Improvers market worldwide?
• What are the opportunities or future prospect for the business owners operating in the market for the forecast period, 2019 - 2026?
The growth of this Bread Improvers market across the globe is dependent on multiple factors; including consumer base of several Bread Improvers products, inorganic growth models adopted by companies, price volatility of feedstocks, and product innovation, along with their economic prospects in both producer and consumer nations.
Browse Table of Contents with Facts and Figures of Bread Improvers Market Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/bread-improvers-market
In conclusion, the Bread Improvers Market report is a reliable source for accessing the Market data that will exponentially accelerate your business. The report provides the principal locale, economic scenarios with the item value, benefit, supply, limit, generation, request, Market development rate, and figure and so on. Besides, the report presents a new task SWOT analysis, speculation attainability investigation, and venture return investigation.
Our in-house experts assist our clients with advice based on their proficiency in the market that helps them in creating a compendious database for the clients. Our team offers expert insights to clients to guide them through their business ventures. We put in rigorous efforts to keep our clientele satisfied and focus on fulfilling their demands to make sure that the end-product is what they desire. We excel in diverse fields of the market and with our services extending to competitive analysis, research and development analysis, and demand estimation among others, we can help you invest your funds in the most beneficial areas for research and development.
Head of Business Development
Reports And Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com/
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
Also read our other reports:
Automotive Adaptive Headlight Market
Rotomoulding Powder Market