Nobody at all:
Adrien in Guiltrip: She a little confused but she got the spirit.
8 notes · View notes
After watching guilt trip I have to ask, why do you think Adrien is so naturally good at being gentle with people. Like his upbringing allows him almost zero interactions who other kids gets he’s so gentle yet also kinda clueless.
It’s just Adrien has the weird social skill set where he’s both hyper competent and also completely incompetent.
What do you think?
My best guess is that Adrien is just insanely empathetic, with having a really good talent for reading emotions, so long as they’re things that he’s experienced and are portrayed in ways similar to how he portrayed them when he felt them. Which is one reason he’s oblivious to Marinette’s crush, she handles her crush on him very differently from how he handles his crush on Ladybug.
It’s ideal for situations like with Juleka in Guiltrip, because he’s been through a very similar experience himself with his mom, and probably has a good clue of how he would’ve wanted to be treated at the time.
It falls apart when it comes to people whose mindset is more alien to him though, and can lead to him giving more benefit of the doubt than he should, since he’s using his own perspective and mindset as a baseline.
Huh. You know, him being so empathetic may make him a good Butterfly wielder, come to think of it.
So yeah. Adrien has sky-high empathy, but low real-world experience.
27 notes · View notes
Rose Lavillant, or should I say Lavillant Rose, (get it? Lavillant Rose ~ La Vie en Rose. hehe) really takes looking through pink glasses to another level and I love her for it.
7 notes · View notes
new outfit new outfit
9 notes · View notes
It’s kinda wack that Zag is writing and directing the ML movie instead of Thomas.
10 notes · View notes
(Gang of Secrets Anon) Regarding the photo for Episode 4: APOLLO REALLY GRANTED ME THE GIFT OF PROPHECY, HUH??!! I'm 99.99% sure at this point that Alya is gonna be the one to help Marinette/Ladybug unlock her new suit/akumatization-preventers let's GOOOOO
4 notes · View notes
So. I really loved Guiltrip and the way it portrayed chronic illness.
(It’s on that thread on Astruc’s Twitter about how Adrien was supposed to have a disability)
It was a very nice reply.
343 notes · View notes
I went and looked for "Uncle Jagged Stone" focs on ao3 and honestly any of those that have Lukanette in them are now super awkward to read after Truth.
2 notes · View notes
I can’t unsee! The hugs of relief, care and adoration, the expressions of fondness, gratitude and appreciation. I just really like hugs in ML.
7 notes · View notes
hmmm i'm thinking about Bunnyx and Ladybug's conversation in the Chat Blanc scene (season 3)
Bunnyx : you wanna know what you're getting for your next birthday?
Ladybug : no, of course not
Bunnyx : exactly
hmmm why did bunnyx says that? 🤔🤔🤔 what does it mean? what will happen at marinette next birthday? 🤔🤔🧐🧐🤨🤨
28 notes · View notes
its driving me insane that the episodes arent released in order bc lila's in the backdrop of guilt trip but she doesnt do a thing and adrien got the pink bubble screen when he looked at mari and mari looked more comfortable to talk to him despite her stuttering and adrien acted so much more confident speaking out to chloe and also chloe actually seems a bit nicer when she joked at the end and I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED
19 notes · View notes
You’re all just not ready for Adrien to teach all his modelling secrets to Juleka and it shows.
In the not-too-distant future, the modelling pair of friends can be relieved as their significant others are just beaming on the sidelines, especially because at this they all know this is the one other model they all can trust to be polite and respectful and ensure one another are comfortable.
58 notes · View notes
I...I tell myself to keep my options open for what Optigami could be potentially about, seeing how synopsis are super misleading.
Yet I keep jumping back to Adrienette every single time.
39 notes · View notes
so marinette just changed her suit in the middle of a fight and we're supposed to move on?????? without explanaition???!!
39 notes · View notes
On Marinette and Adrien's crisis management strategies
No, I wasn't done talking about Guiltrip. Let's discuss.
So the other day I made this post poking fun at the one scene where Rose sneezes and while the class goes berserk, Marinette orchestrates and organizes the mass hysteria, while Adrien quietly is trying to get everyone to chill.
You know, this scene:
Guiltrip gave us an excellent insight into one of the things that makes the bug and cat, the bug and cat with and without their masks: Their crisis management strategies.
I would argue that one of the biggest lessons of ml is that you can't always control the situations around you, nor convince mean people to stop being mean, but you can control how you react to these negative scenarios. I would argue even further, that it is precisely Marinette and Adrien's ability to manage themselves in these situations what makes them practically impossible to akumatize.
So far, Marinette has been close to being akumatized thrice and in two of those occations she either reasoned with herself or had someone else's help (Mme. Bustier) to avoid becoming overwhelmed. Adrien, on the other hand, has been akumatized once and for what I would consider pretty freakin' understandable reasons. This is to say, in a world where grown men get akumatized over pigeons and the way bread should be made, crisis management is indeed a super power. And it was oh so interesting to see this episode contrasting each style, because for a brief moment, we actually saw them being Ladybug and Chat Noir without the mask.
Why? Well, who is known to manage complex, time-sensitive problems under stress and delivering an equally complex, thoughtful solution? Who, in the direst hour, is able to calmly consider the situation and provide the unwavering support needed to overcome the odds? I'll give you a hint:
It was also very interesting to see how these crisis handling translates into the ways they each rationalize a negative situation and where they turn to for support. When they attempted to console Juleka, while Adrien tried to approach the problem first looking at it from Juleka's point of view (something we see him doing also with Chloe or even his dad), Marinette rallied the rest of her friends to show their support (something she herself relies on when she is feeling down, as we see when she reaches for Chat Noir or Alya).
You can argue that maybe if Marinette hadn't jumped the gun to tell everyone, Adrien would probably have been able to reason with her, provide her some experience-based words of encouragement, and avert the crisis that emerged when Rose found out Juleka had told the class about her illness. But you can also argue that if Juleka hadn't witnessed how willing her classmates were to support her, she would still feel alone, thus prolonging her suffering. In this sense, both crisis management styles have their pitfalls and advantages by themselves, but when you put them together, they create a well-rounded solution.
So yes, I'm not even sure I made my point, but that's what I wanted to say.
tl;dr: Guiltrip showed us Marinette and Adrien acting like Ladybug and Chat Noir for 0.2034 seconds and they were both completely unaware.
259 notes · View notes
okay but imagine, if you will, marichat development like this:
- it’s nearly sunset, and after defeating an akuma and chat making a remark about ladybug being the best partner ever, ladybug finally tells chat that she told a friend in her civilian form she was ladybug
- chat loses it and says, “i don’t know if can ever trust you again, i can’t even look at you the same now,” then takes off without letting ladybug say anything else
- ladybug goes home and detransforms in her room and just breaks down, collapsing on her bed and sobbing
- the kwamis all rush to comfort her and offer chirps of advice and reassurance but tikki waves them off because she can see that marinette is overwhelmed and can’t handle them all at once
- after consoling her, tikki nudges marinette to get some air on her balcony (yes her balcony. y’all know where this is going)
- marinette does and regains her composure a bit, but then thinks she saw chat noir and breaks down again
- it was, of course, chat noir in the distance who was taking the long way home (after drowning his sorrows in a cup of whole milk). he says nothing as he’s launching through paris’s now dark skies, but his facial expressions make it clear that he is both infuriated and heartbroken
- but then, he hears someone crying
- “crying is never good. where there’s crying, there’s an akuma, and an akuma means seeing ladybug again and i just can’t,” he mutters to himself
- he looks for the source of the sadness and sees marinette, his good friend, sitting on her balcony and crying. he feels his heart sink instantly because he’s never seen her cry
- he cautiously drops onto her balcony and says “marinette? are you okay? i was just passing by on my way back from....from patrolling the city, and i heard you crying, is everything okay?”
- marinette can’t manage to speak because it’s him, the guy who just told her he’d never trust her again and basically hated her, and here he was, checking in on her because he’s so amazing like that (not that he knows she’s ladybug but)
- and marinette starts sobbing again, which makes chat noir’s heart sink even further
- he rushes next to her, eager to console her to ward off any akuma hawkmoth might be sending, but also because it made him physically ache to see her like this; a girl who was usually comforting others was the one who now needed comforting and chat wasn’t about to leave her anytime soon
- “hey, hey, hey. it’s okay, do you want to talk about it? i’m sure if we talk it through then you’ll see that everything will be alright,” chat says, gently brushing tears off of her face
- marinette stares helplessly up at him, then sighs with a shudder and explains how she told this...friend, something that upset hi--them, and that she doesn’t think they’ll ever trust her or want to talk to her or even look at her again
- chat noir, ever the empath, says, “i know how that feels. i mean, not how you’re feeling, but your friend. i know how they must be feeling right now.” he looks dramatically off into the distance.
- marinette starts crying again, much to chat’s dismay. he thinks he said something wrong, so he rushes to correct it in the only way he knows how.
- “don’t worry princess, i don’t think anyone could stay mad at you for long, you’re a purrfect friend.”
- chat noir learns that cat puns make marinette laugh and groan, so he tells her several more in a row until her tears of sadness turn to tears of joy, and instead of worrying about her troubles, she’s now teasing him about his awful puns. who knew she had a soft spot for cat puns?
- “thanks kitty,” marinette says, her voice warm and affectionate as she looks at chat noir with equal amounts of warmth and affection
- chat noir blushes and tries to cover it up by joking about “that’s what heroes do”
- marinette nods, then suddenly throws her arms around him and squeezes him in a hug
- chat noir, blushing like crazy, brings a hand up to the back of her head and sinks into the hug, previously unaware of how much he desperately needed one
- the two sit like that for a moment, then pull away, both flustered but also grateful for each other’s company
- chat noir is the one to excuse himself, but before he leaves, he places a hand on her shoulder and tenderly says, “if you ever find yourself sad again, come up here to get some air. and you never know, maybe paris’s most handsome superhero will pay you a visit.” he throws her a wink and launches himself off into the night again
- marinette watches him go with a smile, then turns to tikki who has flown up beside her again, and says, “you were right tikki, a breath of air was just what i needed.”
88 notes · View notes
New Pig thought: make it have cheering up powers? Miraculous of Motivation, let's you cheer someone up/boost their confidence/etc. Still situational, but not OP, and would still work with Guiltrip, and Rose in general.
The other idea I had was that of letting you know someone's motivation, with no other effect. You'd have to decide what to do with that information.
What do you think works best with the Pig? Please don't ignore me I'm tired of it. Don't like this if you're not gonna add something 😭
9 notes · View notes
I know it is highly possible that Zag did not actually think about details, but I still wonder what exactly is Rose's medical problem that she has to attend hospital everytime she has a headache, while she seems totally healthy and fit. By the way, up to now Pigella is the only hero who actually looks like a Mahou Shaojo.
Hi! First I'd like to say it's not Zag who thought about details or anything really, but Thomas Astruc & the writers team; Zag just isn't a writer of the show 🤭
Back to the ask, I think Rose's illness is purposefully left out, also because kids watching the show don't need to know exactly what she has nor would they really understand the name of an illness - but they need to know something happened, that can still come back, and that despite it being invisible it's there. And that despite being ill, Rose has an admirable strength that she uses to spread positivity and wants to be treated normally.
I'm not in the medical field but there's plenty of disease that forces you to go to the hospital but make you seem completely fine on the outside that no one could suspect it. There's chronic or orphan disease people have for instance that you wouldn't suspect of unless being told that aren't less incapacitating!
I think it's a good choice to not detail exactly what Rose has so people who face the same kind of illness as her can identify with the character, or people who know others who have a disease can appreciate them more if it makes sense!
59 notes · View notes
once again, guiltrip spoilers. Read at your own risk if you haven’t seen it yet.
I love the design for Pigella!! It suits rose to a tee and it differs form the typical “spandex suit that has the same color scheme as the kwami” if you get what I mean. If I were to rank all the suits based on how I would redesign them (S tier being they’re good as they are, F tier being “sweetie I’m so sorry you deserve better”) I would definitely put Pigella at the S tier or the A tier at least.
10 notes · View notes
I typically try to avoid salt and hating on the crew, but do you think Chloe will get better? I know it has been said that Thomas hates Chloe and that he believes she isn't capable of redemption. I want to believe that he is just saying that to throw us off, but I just worry you know?
Thomas Astruc is known to pull jokes and sarcastic comments a LOT to protect anything from being spoiled. So I just don't take what he says most of the time about spoilers seriously. With lore and explaining in-show meta it's a different story.
24 notes · View notes