The other surviving A4s:
General short info post about the current surviving members of the A4 class.
Not Included: Mallard and Bittern, as they both have already been covered in the Mainland Engines post.
- Collectively, all 6 A4s hate Spencer. Some have their own personal reasons for hating him (Bittern,Dominion of Canada,and Sir Nigel Gresley) while some just hate him because he’s an ass (Mallard,Union of South Africa,and Dwight D. Eisenhower).
- Tend to quarrel a lot, all of those quarrels tend to be on the petty side.
Dominique, the Dominion of Canada:
- He has a similar backstory to the other A4s, but at the time he was named ‘Woodcock’ much to the other engine’s amusement. He was withdrawn in 1965 and soon donated to the Canadian Railroad Historical Association albeit in a Pretty terrible condition. After his
- Dominique is very snippy and gets angered easily, he can be a bit of a teasing asshole too. Like the other A4s he is a bit of an egocentric jerk. Dominique is a bit of a talker top, often times having a “Did i say that out loud?” moment.
- After he got cosmetic restoration, he would Not shut up about his bell and when he got his humanoid form he got himself bell earrings. He ended up getting a fascination with bells afterwards.
- Unlike the other American A4, he took being in America pretty well, he even uses American railway terms (i.e referring to a brakevan as a caboose). He was rather excited during his Monster Moves appearance, mostly because “It’s a road adventure! With my brother!”.
- Hates Spencer because he had said a rather demeaning thing about 4469/Sir Ralph.
Sloane, the Union of South Africa:
- Service life fairly uneventful, she considers the fact that she’s still running right now an eventful occasion, Sloane retired after one last trip during
- She’s frankly tired of everyone’s bullshit. Sloane tends to be tired, physically and mentally, she’s had multiple mental burnouts due to Spencer and the things people have said to her, the expectations from others too seem to weigh on her as well. She was rather happy about being withdrawn.
- Friends with Blue Peter. Though she doesn’t disclose any details about it and has only talked about it with Tornado.
- Close with her cousin, the Great Marquees. Marquees has vented his negative feelings to her but she doesn’t mind his company.
- Dislikes Spencer because he brags too much about him being in active service status, Sloane doesn’t like hearing it because it reminds her of her scrapped and non-running siblings.
Sir Nigel Gresley, nicknamed ‘Nigey’:
- S.N.G is the 100th Gresley pacific made, he was supposed to get the name Bittern until it was given to another loco. Nigey also has the post-war steam speed record, he didn’t beat Mallard but hey that’s good enough for him!
- Nigey is prideful about his name, being named after you father IS a bit of a honour! But this has stirred a lot of confusion among his relatives and other locomotives, so his siblings decided to call him the diminutive and slightly demeaning form of Nigel which is Nigey. He surprisingly gets along well with his non-A4 relatives.
- Has a faint resemblance to the actual Sir Nigel Gresley and it creeps everyone out.
- Very excited about his overhaul, he gets to finally stretch his wheels! He’ll basically take Sloane’s place which she’s fine with.
- His disliking of Spencer comes from the silver stream commenting how He’s Sir Gresley’s greatest locomotive. Has gotten into a fist fight with him due to this.
Dwight D. Eisenhower, nicknamed ‘Eisen’:
- Refuses to say anything about his service life, he’s currently in the National Railroad museum. He did appear in a tv series alongside Dominique though which is nice.
- Eisen is the nicest and least likely to start a hostile argument. But he’s the softest and most sensitive too, this was a Big problem when they were moving him out of the exhibit in 2013, a lot of the locomotives and crew had to comfort him to not give him a panic attack and make the situation move worse, the same thing happened when he reached the UK.
- He’s close with a lot of the locos in the National Railroad Museum, particularly the GG1 and Bobbie, the 4017 Big Boy.
- Open about his feelings.
- He dislikes Spencer because he’s an asshole.
3 notes · View notes