10 Things that will Help you to start Romanticizing your Life:
1. Do not be afraid to be alone: feeling secure in being alone is an important quality to have in general. Stop feeling like you can not fully enjoy life because you are not around friends, a significant other, and or do not have friends or a significant other. Learn to find comfort in being alone. Stop waiting on others in order to start living your best life. Take yourself out to dinner, go to the movies, go to the mall. Learning to enjoy your life and yourself is essential in romanticizing your life.
2. Incorporate some of your favorite things into your routine: think about the things that make you happy and start doing them more often. If you enjoy painting, include that into your routine, set out 30 minutes to an hour to paint. Incorporating something you love into your routine will give you something to look forward to which will help boost your overall mood.
3. Live like you are in a movie: think about your favorite movie and start living like you are the main character of that movie. Have fun with your life, and do things that you would typically see people doing in movies.
4. Learn to enjoy the little things: learn to enjoy even the smallest things in your life. Find the joy in small things in life such as drinking a cup of coffee, going for a walk, and enjoying the scenery. Learn to let these things make your day and bring you happiness although they may seem insignificant.
5. Be present and savor the moments: people tend to daydream or think about the past and future, train yourself to be present. Being present will help you fully experience things in your life which will help you savor those moments. Train yourself to start savoring moments in your life that bring you joy (also relates to learning to enjoy the little things). Savoring is an awareness of pleasure along with attempting to focus attention on the sensation and delight in it. Learn to immerse yourself in the moments that bring you joy. Do not just “stop and smell the roses”, “stop and really savor the experience of the roses” - Fred Bryant & Joseph Veroff
6. Set the vibe in your different spaces: set the vibes in the different places you spend most of your time in. If you spend a lot of time in your room, light candles and diffuse some oils, and play music that matches your mood or the genre of your “movie”. Music is very powerful in setting the vibe in different spaces. Create different playlists for your different moods. Music can help you enjoy experiences even more.
7. Do things that are out of the ordinary to you: as stated before, live like you are the main character and do things that people would normally do in movies. Do things that are not typical for you to do. Change up your scenery and go journal and have a picnic on the beach or a field, go read a book or do morning devotionals in a coffee shop, go listen to music in your car in a forest while it’s rainy out. If you are unable to change your scenery, listen to a different genre of music, watch different kinds of movies that you typically wouldn’t. Whatever you choose to do, just make sure it’s something that is new to you. Doing things that are out of the ordinary to you will help keep life interesting and exciting.
8. Give yourself the best: Life is too short to not give yourself the best. From the quality of clothes you wear to the company you keep, make sure you are not cutting yourself short and you are giving yourself the best. Also, learn to treat yourself from time to time!
9. Act like you are already the person you’ve always wanted to be: even if you have not reached your ideal you, you can start acting as if you have. Fake it till you make it. Start acting like the person you’ve always wanted to be.
10. Be more mindful: mindfulness is paying attention to what is currently happening and approaching it with care and discernment (relates to being present). Mindfulness is achieved by being present, acknowledging and accepting your feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations. Mindfulness is a therapeutic technique that will help improve your overall experience to both positive and negative moments in your life. “Instead of letting your life pass you by, mindfulness means living in the moment and awakening to your current experience, rather than dwelling on the past or anticipating the future” - Arlington EAP
861 notes · View notes
How to activate your "happiness chemicals"...
DOPAMINE ~ the reward chemical
Complete a task
Doing self care acitivites
Eating some food
Celebrating your little wins.
OXYTOCIN ~ the love hormones
Playing with a dog
Playing with a baby
Giving someone else a compliment
SEROTONIN ~ the mood stabiliser
Be in the sun
Walk in nature
ENDORPHIN ~ the pain relief
Eating dark chocolate
35K notes · View notes